Saturday, December 6, 2008

Echinacea "Pink Poodle"




There is a reason why "Razzmatazz" is on it's way out and "Pink Poodle" is one of them. HUGE 4" across flowers make this the king of the garden. Contrary to the first double coneflower that came out, "Pink Poodle" is very vigorous. Another Terra Nova introduction


On Sale Today! at Wayside Gardens.

Mature Height: 18-22 inches

Mature Width: 28 inches

Form: Upright

Growth Rate: Fast

Light: Sun

Flower Color: Pink

Foliage Color: Green

Zone: 3-8

6 comments:

M said...

I beg to differ. Razzmatazz is much more vigorous than this Pink Poodle any day. I bought 4 of these new ones and they are pitiful!

A said...

We are starting to agree. Pink Double Delight is still the king of the doubles. With all the new coneflowers you need to watch the water early

M said...

Pink Poodle isn't stable. Many of the plants are not true to the photos. This is a selection of "Double Decker" and only about 25% of plants will look like the photos. The other 75% look just like "Double Decker." Any seller of these can verify this for you.

Jamie said...

I bought two Pink Poodles this spring, stuck them in the ground, and they are doing very well. They are very prolific bloomers. They seem to bloom over a period of days or weeks, starting with a regular coneflower appearance and then gradually adding rows and rows of additional petals from the middle of the flower as they mature. Both plants look like they will provide blooms true to the Pink Poodle photos advertised on garden supply websites. I am very pleased.

Jamie said...

I bought two Pink Poodles this spring, stuck them in the ground, and they are doing very well. They are very prolific bloomers. They seem to bloom over a period of days or weeks, starting with a regular coneflower appearance and then gradually adding rows and rows of additional petals from the middle of the flower as they mature. Both plants look like they will provide blooms true to the Pink Poodle photos advertised on garden supply websites. I am very pleased.

Jamie said...

I bought two Pink Poodles this spring, stuck them in the ground, and they are doing very well. They are very prolific bloomers. They seem to bloom over a period of days or weeks, starting with a regular coneflower appearance and then gradually adding rows and rows of additional petals from the middle of the flower as they mature. Both plants look like they will provide blooms true to the Pink Poodle photos advertised on garden supply websites. I am very pleased.